Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Thursday 2 March 2023

40 Days of Celebrating Mothers Choosing Life Day 9: A Little One About to be Born

 


I hadn't been counselling for very long when I met a young woman named Sandra. In the early stages of pregnancy Sandra was very depressed by her partner's lack of support and felt it would be better to end the pregnancy before it was too far along. I talked through her situation and the support we could offer, but what touched her most was when we looked at some pregnancy textbooks with pictures of the baby's developmental stages. Realising that even at 6 weeks her baby had a heartbeat, and seeing what her child looked like changed her mind forever. 

She left saying she would think about it. 

I didn't hear for her for months but at Christmas I received a card with a penguin family on it. Inside it said: "There is a little one about to be born. He is going to be very loved by his mum and dad. Love Sandra". 




About 6 months later I was at the bus stop and a lady came up to me and said "Do you work at the Good Counsel Women's Centre? " I said yes. She swung open her coat and showed me her beautiful little boy, strapped on her in a sling.

We pray for Sandra and Mothers like her. We give thanks for her boyfriend accepting their child and we pray that all father's will accept the grace to do likewise.

Help us reach out to Mothers with prayer, help and support by attending the 40 Days for Life Vigil near you. We are running one in Brixton, please contact Gabriella for details on 07745711064. Or find your nearest 40 Days for Life campaign here Donate to help us support Mothers in need here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting