Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2010

No-one Knows the Effects of Our Prayers


The experience of praying outside an Abortion "clinic" can be very difficult or can be very encouraging. I have stood at Bedford Square, outside of BPAS's Abortion centre quietly saying my rosary for the souls of the babies and their Mothers who would be passing through the doors, which I was standing opposite to, on my own.
I have also stood outside Mattock Lane Abortuary in Ealing when the vigil was led by Monsignor Reilly where he was joined by more than 100 people.
I did not know if we had been successful in saving even one life on either of these days.
It can be discouraging to see women, young and old, sometimes with boyfriends, one after another going into the clinic. But I always remember when this happens, no one knows what effect my prayers and those around me have on each of those Mothers. No one knows what effect our witness has. No one knows what the sacrifice of taking one, or maybe two, or even more hours of our day to try to offer these women an alternative to killing their baby by offering the real support they need.
I remember that it is not my humble efforts that will change the mind of the women walking past me who are in such desperate circumstances, but God using me as His instrument to reach these women.
Let us take courage in the knowledge that God is working through us and remember that we have to take a leap of faith for God to be able to use us.
If you would like to come and pray, the Helpers of God's Precious infants have numerous vigils at London clinics please look at www.hgpi.co.uk for more information. Also, The Good Counsel Network organise a vigil at Bedford Square in Central London every Wednesday from 11am -1pm and often have extra ones during the week. Please go to http://www.goodcounselnetwork.com/ and sign up to get updates about when and where future vigils will be held.

Conor Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting