Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Pro-Choice Charlene Wants Pro-Life Vigils to be Allowed: 40 Days of Celebrating Mums Choosing Life Day 22


I got a phone call one day from a volunteer at a vigil, "Would you take to this lady?" he asked "She is very upset." He put her on the phone. Her name was Charlene and she told me "I've been shouting at this man in the street for 20 minutes because I was cross that he was outside the abortion centre, but I don't know what to do and I just need a neutral person to talk to!" "Well" I said "You know I am not neutral, I don't think anyone is really neutral. But I can listen. I can just listen, if you want to come in and talk." She did want to and she arrived in The Good Counsel Centre about half an hour later.


Charlene was a beautiful young woman but she and her family had been through many abortions and much trauma. She loved children but just couldn't think about how she would cope with one when her own life was so messed up! She had a very dramatic relationship, which moved into an abusive relatioship very uickly when she became pregnant.

Our meeting that day went well and she told me she wanted to keep the baby. She needed some financial help and help with housing and we got onto that straight away.

Her pregnancy was full of dramatic ups and downs, relationship breakdowns and patching things up and then breaking up again. She would regularly make new appoinments for abortion and she would cancel them or she would go to them but then walk out.

Finally she passed the legal limit and rejoiced that there was no longer any choice to make.

She had her baby and decided that this was going to be the beginning of a new era in her life, being "More Mama and less drama" as the saying goes.

When she heard our vigils were going to be banned she was horrified. Although she regarded herself as a pro-choice, pro-lifer (!)

Today we celebrate mums like Charlene, whohave to confront the trauma of previous abortions when they accept a baby and welcome it into their life. Grant her repentance and healing O, Lord, and all her family too.

Please donate to help us support Mothers in need here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting