Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Whitfield St Abortuary Vigil Re-starts for 2011



Now that the Christmas break is over, the Whitfield St abortuary vigil resumed today Monday 10th January 2011. I will be counselling outside of marie stopes abortuary, 108 Whitfield Street, London W1T 5EA every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 1.30pm. The nearest tubes are Great Portland Street and Warren Street. I need people to come and support me in prayer at these times. If you are able to join me in prayer either email me at info@goodcounselnetwork.freeserve.co.uk or phone the Good Counsel office on 020 7723 1740. Please promote this vigil far and wide, especially to your friends. Without God's grace we cannot succeed and Mothers may not choose life for their babies.

During Advent the vigil took place and I know of at least one Mother who kept her baby. A friend of the Mother in question received a leaflet from one of our counsellors outside of marie stopes abortuary. The friend passed on the leaflet to her, and the Mother consequently came to our centre to receive help. If she hadn't received the leaflet she would have aborted her child.

On another occasion during advent when i was counselling outside of the clinic a man approached me and wanted to talk. He told me that his girlfriend some time ago had an abortion. I asked him whether she had received any post-abortion counselling. He said that he did not know as they were no longer going out. I asked him if he wanted counselling, he said he was ok but he would like a rosary if we had one. One of the prayer supporters at the clinic gave him their rosary and I told him I would pray for him. I also gave him a leaflet and told him if he ever felt he needed counselling to get in touch.

Please come to the vigil, and if you are unable to come due to work commitments then please at least offer the day for the intentions of people standing outside the clinic.


James Coulborn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting