Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Friday 10 September 2010

Novena to Cardinal Newman for Cure of a Good Counsel "Baby" and for The Papal Visit

One of our "clients", a young girl came to us about 5 years ago, 7 months pregnant. Something was wrong with the baby and she had been offered "foeticide" - a late term abortion. She chose to continue the pregnancy and delivered a baby with too much fluid around the brain, which had prevented the brain's full development. She had been told that her baby would die before birth, then that she would only live for two weeks, then two months, then six months. Finally the doctors stopped predicting impending doom and the little girl, who cannot walk or talk but who has a little sight and who can respond to love and care continued her journey in life. This little girl is now about to turn 5 years old. She has had a wonderful impact on her mum's young life. Bringing her peace, strength of character, heroic self-sacrifice and hope for the future. We recently got the sad news that the little girl now has an infection in the brain, which is once again predicted to kill her.
Please join our Novena to Cardinal John Henry Newman for the complete healing of this little girl. Please also remember to include the success of the Holy Father's visit and his protection in your intentions. Start today 10th September and the Novena will finish on the day before his beatification, 18th September. Or join in whenever you can.


Cardinal John Henry Newman Novena


Meditation:
God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission – I never may know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connexion between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good, I shall do His work; I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place while not intending it, if I do but keep His commandments and serve Him in my calling.

Therefore I will trust Him. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain; He may prolong my life, He may shorten it; He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends, He may throw me among strangers, He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide the future from me – still He knows what he is about.


Three Hail Mary's...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting