Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Pro-Life Fruit on Our Lady's Feast Day


I remember it was The Feast of the Immaculate Conception and I had just come out of Mass and completed the First Five Saturdays Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I was on my way to pray at the local abortuary as I usually do on Saturday mornings, to also hand out our pro-life leaflets as a member of The Helpers of God’s Precious Infants and to try and speak to the women entering the abortuary to prevent them from killing their unborn children.
I had been attending the prayer vigil for over a year and although there had been signs of women turning around I had not noticed a definite turnaround during my time there. Still I was sure in my heart that our presence at the clinic was vital and that our sacrifices and prayers were being answered although I could not see the results.
I was thinking to myself that I had to try harder and make more effort to speak to the women even though they usually had no time to stop and were almost rushing past me. I got one young lady’s attention after a while and began talking to her for a very long time and really thought she was going to turn around, so you can imagine how sad and disappointed I was when she went ahead through the entrance of the abortion clinic after listening and discussing things with me for about an hour. I had told her about the help she could have if she chose life for her child and she had declined.
Its very easy to become despondent and down after such an incident and our time there was coming to an end that day and I felt I had tried so hard to talk this lady out of having the abortion. I began walking over to the rest of the group on the prayer vigil as it was almost time to finish up. I was speaking to my friends there when suddenly I noticed another young lady approaching the abortuary and another of our friends still praying near the entrance. I wasn’t expecting her to stop and listen to me but to my surprise after her seeing the people still praying and hearing about the help she told me that her boyfriend did not want her to go ahead with the abortion, that she believed in God and went to church and that she wanted to know more about our help. “You see I've got one child already” she told me.

Then I remembered in the past how I once felt after having my first child and how I never wanted more children at that time, when a relative suddenly woke me up from my selfishness by saying “Your child is going to grow up lonely you know, don’t you think he would like a little a brother or sister to keep him company?” It suddenly dawned on me at that time that he was right and I have always been grateful to him, and because of what he said I did decide to try for another child and thanks be to God we have a second son today. I used the same lines to the lady I was speaking to and added “I'm sure they will be the best of friends”. At that point she brushed away some tears from her eyes and nodded. She also told me she was studying and trying to make a career so I went through the help leaflet with her and I made an appointment at our Centre that afternoon. I brought her to the centre myself to make sure she got there and did not change her mind. All the way thereI kept thinking how precious she and her baby were and that I was afraid of losing her so I just kept talking to her until we got to the Centre.
Thankfully, today, she is very grateful for our help and now has two little girls who play very happily together.
All praise and thanks to God, and to Our Lady for her intercession on her special Feast Day.
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting